“The mind is the king of the senses, but the breath is the king of the mind” – Hatha Yoga Pradapika
We charge our cells phones every night, but how do you recharge your mind? The secret of healthy mind and body is in our breath.
Breathing is basic and essential part of life and most of us are not aware that we are breathing incorrectly, using only a small part of our lung capacity. The breathing is then generally shallow. Furthermore, our minds seem to take control of our lives, leading to unnecessary stress and loss of energy. In Pranayama & Meditation class, we will explore deepening the breath through pranayama and breathing exercises. We will also focus on how the breath effects the mind by implementing different meditation styles and techniques that you can use in your daily life. By doing this intensely, you will experience the effects immediately which helps in instantly recharging your mind & body. This beautiful combination of pranayama and meditation will allow the mind and body to relax, de - stress and alleviate the pressure of modern-day life
- The overview of yogic concepts of body, mind and soul
- What pranayama is, how it effects our bodies and minds and prepares our meditative state.
- Yoga breathing methods (pranayama) and each one will be followed by meditation. It will be a combination of learning and practicing a new pranayama technique followed by another meditation.
- Meditation styles and techniques
- Guided deep relaxation
The focus is to expose you to a new way to approach your breath and mind to be implemented in your yoga practice and your daily life. Besides, an extended focus on pranayama and meditation is extremely relaxing to the mind.
- ·Calms the mind, reducing worries & anxieties
- ·Increases energy, bringing enthusiasm & positivity
- ·Boosts the immune system
- ·Rejuvenates the body and mind
- ·Meditation will give you peace, calmness, tranquility, and serenity
- ·It brings you closer to your true nature and self
- ·It increases your creativity and ingenuity
- ·It detoxifies your body by getting rid of the toxins, keeping you young & fresh